Feeling tempted to hunker down or succumb to overwhelm in a world of crazy complexity? Mindful awareness, presence and compassion are essential skills for coaches, who must work with their client’s stress as well as their own. Learn how to use the raw material of your life to build resilience, increase your personal bandwidth and enable natural flourishing.
Mindfulness for the Resilient Coach runs once a week for 6-weeks via video-conference. The focus will be on transmitting practical wisdom to help you turn stress into stretch development. You will experience a variety of mindfulness practices and learn skills to initiate, deepen or customize a meditation practice, for yourself or your clients. Sessions are open to coaches, are limited to 12 participants to allow for personal guidance, and will be recorded for later use.
The course will draw on practices and concepts in Mind Your Life: How Mindfulness Can Build Your Resilience and Reveal Your Extraordinary (May 2017). Endorsed by Integral Coaching Canada’s co-founder Joanne Hunt, Mind Your Life combines proven coaching methods with Shinzen Young’s Unified Mindfulness —a contemporary meta-framework that integrates the worlds’ contemplative wisdom traditions around a central core, permitting personal customization and powerful integration into your everyday life.
You will learn
Each 90-minute session will be a combination of guided meditation, mastery level teaching, interactive dialog and personal feedback. You will:
- Experience different guided meditations in each class
- Learn practices that build emotional, somatic & spiritual capabilities, healthy restful states, self-awareness of current ways that may now be hidden from you, and ways to engage new ways of being in the world
- Understand core concepts that relate to the guided practices
- Gain insight into the links between mindfulness and resilience
- Get feedback on custom designing a meditation practice for yourself or a client
- Make new connections with coaching colleagues
- Engage in interactive break-out sessions and live Q&A
- Receive coaching feedback on your meditation experience and practice
If you are new to meditation, you will learn the core skills of mindful awareness & compassion, and develop a customized meditation practice that you can sustain from the boardroom to the bedroom.
If you are a seasoned meditator, you will deepen your practice by working with powerful frameworks that integrate the world’s wisdom traditions and learn to integrate practices holistically to support you at your life’s edge.
Mindfulness for the Resilient Coach will run for once/ week for 6 weeks,
November 1 – December 6, 2017, 7:30 – 9:00 pm EST, via Zoom video-conference. All sessions will be recorded, in case you have to miss one or you want to listen again to the guided practices.
- Full pricing, from October 10 – October 31: $375 CAD
Please join me! For more information, email email@example.com, or call me at 647-291-8149.
Yes, sign me up!
Register here with your name, email and payment information. (If you wish to pay by e-transfer, just email me.) Your full payment will confirm registration. I will email you Zoom login info before the first session.